On Tuesday, May 17, District residents will vote on the $90,133,002 proposed school budget for 2016-17. The proposed budget would maintain all current programs and services with a tax levy increase of 1.92%, which is below the state tax cap of 3.35%. Two other propositions on the budget include the purchase of replacement school buses.
Date: Tuesday, May 17
Time: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Bell Top Elementary – Residents of the Town of North Greenbush
- Howard L. Goff Middle School – Residents of the Town of East Greenbush
- Donald P. Sutherland Elementary – Residents of the Towns of Sand Lake or Chatham or Residents with a Nassau mailing address
- Green Meadow Elementary – Residents of the Town of Schodack who do not have a Nassau mailing address
Who can vote?
- Age 18 or older
- U.S. Citizen
- Resident of the District for at least 30 days prior to the vote
- Registered to vote
What will I be voting on?
- An $90,133,002 budget for the 2016-17 school year
- Two school bus propositions
- Three vacant Board of Education seats
Board of Education Election
Residents will choose who fills the three vacant Board of Education seats. The Board of Education is a team comprised of nine volunteer community members. Members of the Board, who serve three-year terms, establish policy and set direction for the administration of the school district. New York State Education Law does not limit the number of terms of office a member may serve. Board members receive no salaries or other compensation.