East Greenbush Central School District launched its redesigned website earlier today. This new and improved website will further enhance communication efforts with the school community. The project was guided by web analytics, industry best practices and an online survey of district stakeholders including students, staff, parents and community members.
“We are excited to introduce this new website,” said Superintendent Dr. Angela Nagle. “It will provide school news, events and other important information with an improved design and navigation.”
The website, which remains at egcsd.org, includes the following notable features:
- New responsive design automatically formats the site to a user’s device whether it’s a desktop computer, tablet or smart phone.
- Each school remains listed across the top of the District homepage so parents, students and staff can easily navigate to their school with one click.
- The Google drop down calendar has expanded and will appear on the right side of all webpages so visitors can be informed of school events.
- Much of the content listed on the old site’s left sidebar has been consolidated into one of six dropdown menus near the top of the website (About Us, Academics, Athletics, Board of Education, Community, Departments).
- A footer at the bottom of the site has links to popular content. It also gives a foundation for the website which will limit the need for scrolling on the District and school homepages.
- All school homepages have a consistent look and organization for easy navigation.
- News stories are posted in the center of the District and school homepages.
- The District’s Twitter feed is embedded on the right sidebar below the calendar. Other social networking links are posted in the footer at the bottom of the homepage.
This marks the District’s first website redesign since 2010. Since that time, website technology has evolved and mobile devices have become much more pervasive, specifically with smart phones.
“A mobile friendly website is essential for any organization that wants to effectively communicate with its stakeholders,” said Public Information Specialist Mark Adam, noting that 57% of new visits to the website this school year were done on mobile devices.
This website was produced in partnership with Questar III.
Feel free to browse our new website and send any feedback to email@example.com or call 207-2532.