Dear Parents and Guardians,
Many thanks to Mr. Leyhane and Mr. Jones for planning our Grades 1-5 and Kindergarten Field Days last week and this week. Lots of fun was had by all of our children and many parents joined us to cheer their children on! Coaches Cup results: 1st Place –Tanner Malone (5th grade) with a time of 50.4 seconds, 2nd Place-Jack Murtagh (3rd grade), 3rd Place-Shaun Branon (5th grade), 4th Place-Ian Fisher-Layton (5th grade), 5th Place-Taylor Quinn (5th grade) Thanks for being with us!
A very special, heartfelt thanks goes out to all of our Genet Staff who served on the Genet 75th Anniversary Committee for the last year. Their hours of creative planning allowed our students the opportunity to explore life in the 1940’s when our school first opened. We are grateful to all of our families who joined us for the 75th Celebration on June 2nd to wrap up this special year. Our PTO has been of tremendous assistance throughout the year, helping to make all of our special events even more special. Here’s to the next 25 years!
Please take a look at the opportunity provided by Senator Marchione to participate in the Summer Reading Program. Great practice for keeping those reading skills sharpened! It’s a busy month ahead with many activities scheduled. Please see the calendar notes below!
- Monday, June 13 – Grade 4 heads to the Statue of Liberty and the Liberty Science Museum for the day.
- Tuesday, June 14 – The District-wide Grade 5 Math Invitational will be held at Bell Top this year. Go, Genet Team!
- Wednesday, June 15 – Grade 3 will be travelling to the Herkimer Diamond Mines for the day.
- Thursday, June 16 – Grade 5’s trip to the Great Escape.
- Monday, June 20 – Kindergarten will be exploring George’s Greenhouse and having lunch at Uno’s.
- Friday, June 17 and Thursday, June 23 – Early Dismissals for all students will begin at 11:05 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 22 – Grade 5 Moving-Up Ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m. in the Auditorium. Reception following in the Courtyard.