Over the last few weeks, Columbia’s Entrepreneurship, Career and Financial Management, and Business Math classes have hosted more than a dozen local professionals to speak with students. The speaker series goes along with CTE Month, which celebrates Career and Technical Education each February.
Students had the opportunity to learn what professionals actually do in their day-to-day jobs and the education and experience required to reach those positions.
Ed Mitzen, president of Fingerpaint Marketing, showed students advertisements his company produced for an AIDS awareness campaign featuring Magic Johnson. He also discussed the different jobs needed at his agency, including writing, marketing and graphic design.
“What we do is fun,” Mr. Mitzen told the class.
Thank you to each of the professionals who took their time to visit with students.
CTE Speakers in Business
- Renee Belardo, Admissions Counselor, Bryant & Stratton College
- William Brigham, Director, Small Business Development Center, UAlbany
- Bob Clancy, Managing Partner, Spiral Design Studio, LLC
- Brea Chiappa, Branch Manager, Key Bank, Elsmere Branch
- Dan Goldstein, Entrepreneur, Vox Villa
- Asif Ismail, Chief Marketing Officer, Inspired Global Marketing
- Kristine Lambracht, Owner, Jerzey Dog Resort
- Ed Mitzen, President, Fingerpaint Marketing
- Scott Noel, The Ivy Spa, 16 Handles
- Amina Puorro, Admissions Counselor, Bryant & Stratton College
- Frank Risler, Computer Forensics
- Todd Scaccia, Entrepreneur, Pilot, and Founder of Hometown USA Stores
- Vivian Swertinski, Strategic Services Manager, Informz
- Stephen Tobin, President, Yankee Trails