The East Greenbush Teachers Association has agreed to a new collective bargaining agreement with East Greenbush Central School District through June 30, 2019. The agreement was ratified by the teachers and approved by the Board of Education at a special public meeting on Wednesday.
The contract, which covers the period of July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2019, includes:
- Increases in compensation for 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19
- Changes in copay for the District’s standard health insurance plan
- Direct compensation for members who opt out of health insurance during 2017-18
- Increase in copays for prescription drugs
- Stipends for co-curricular supervisors and grade level content coordinators
- New annual fund of $10,000 to support new clubs and activities
- Establishment of a new advisory committee with representatives from each party to explore health insurance options
- The parties agree to meet and discuss any rebates or reconciliations offered by health consortiums
Statement from Superintendent Jeff Simons
“The Board of Education sought a fair wage settlement which would support continued excellence in our teaching force but curb the escalating costs of employee health insurance within our district’s budget trajectory. This agreement accomplishes these objectives.
I’m grateful that our teachers, through their support for the agreement, recognized a need to slow the growth in our health insurance costs, switching to a less expensive plan option and contributing greater cost sharing for the district’s prescription drug program.
The agreement will also help strengthen our curricular program through the establishment of teacher leaders within the district who will provide support for curriculum and professional development planning and implementation within our schools.
All in all, this agreement is beneficial to students, taxpayers and our exceptional teachers.”
Statement from EGTA President Sean Crall
“The East Greenbush Teachers Association believes this is a fair and equitable contract. Our teachers always go above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to the needs of the children of the East Greenbush Central School District. I am glad that the District chose to recognize this dedication through our agreement.”