Columbia High School’s Senior Prom for the Class of 2018 will be held on Saturday, June 2. The event schedule and details are listed below.
5:00 PM – 6:15 PM: Family, friends, and community members are invited to the Senior Prom Walk-in, located in the Columbia High School Auditorium, to see the members of the Class of 2018 arrive at the Senior Prom. The Walk-in is sponsored by the Class of 2020. The Walk-in is MANDATORY for all students attending the Senior Prom.
7:00 PM – 11:00 PM: Prom attendees will enjoy dinner and dancing at The Desmond located at 660 Albany Shaker Road, Albany.
Cocktail Hour featuring Hors D’oeuvres
- Lemonade, Iced Tea, and Infused Waters
- Assorted imported and domestic cheeses with crackers, Sliced seasonal fruits with raspberry yogurt dip, Crudites & herbed dip
Sit Down Dinner
- Desmond Signature Salad-mixed greens, mandarin oranges, sliced almonds, shredded cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes with creamy garlic dressing
- Baskets of warm dinner rolls and butter rosettes
- Choice of one of the three following dinner options:
- New York Sliced Sirloin of Beef-oven roasted, demi glace, potato provencale, chef’s choice of seasonal vegetable
- Chicken Francaise-boneless breast of chicken dredged in Parmesan egg batter, lemon butter sauce, vegetable rice pilaf, chef’s choice of seasonal vegetable
- Vegetable Strudel-herbed seasonal vegetables, wrapped in phyllo, oven-baked to a golden brown, couscous, red pepper coulis, chef’s choice of seasonal vegetable
- Ice Cream Brownie Bar-pre-scooped vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate fudge brownies and peanut butter pecan brownies, chocolate and rainbow sprinkles, M&M candies, Reese’s Pieces candies, chopped nuts, sliced strawberries, whipped cream, cherries, and warm chocolate sauce.
- Lemonade, Iced Tea, and Infused Waters
Photography and Entertainment
- DJ and Photo Booth will be provided by Capital Disc Jockeys.
- Professional Photography, provided by iSmile Studios, will be available at The Desmond. No pre-ordering is necessary. iSmile Studios will photograph all prom attendees, and photos will be available for viewing and purchasing through a private online gallery for the Columbia High School Senior Prom. Information about the online gallery will be available at the Senior Prom and will be sent via an e-mail blast to parents after the Senior Prom.
Tickets are $50 per person and will be available Monday, April 30th through Friday, May 4th, ONLY! Cash (please have exact amount) or checks made payable to The Class of 2018 will be accepted.
Tickets will be sold at the following times:
- 6:50 AM until 7:40 AM (before school, during guide room, and first 15 minutes of period 1) in the Math Office
- 10:45 AM until 11 AM (first 15 minutes of period 5) in the Math Office
- 12:25 PM until 12:40 PM (first 15 minutes of period 7) in Room N302
- 1:15 PM until 1:30 PM (first 15 minutes of period 8) in Room N310
- 2:05 PM until 2:35 PM (after school) in Room N310
However, no student will be allowed to leave class or leave the cafeteria to purchase a prom ticket. If a student is purchasing a ticket during his/her lunch period, he/she should purchase Senior Prom ticket before reporting to lunch in the cafeteria.
Students will not be allowed to sign up for a table at the prom until the prom ticket is purchased. Tables will accommodate ten (10) guests. Tables that are not full may be consolidated.
Attendees will make dinner selection at time of ticket purchase. Please make sure that person purchasing the tickets knows the dinner selection for his/her guest, as the ticket will not be sold without a dinner selection.
If a student from another school will be attending the Senior Prom as a guest of a Columbia High School senior, then the Permission Form to attend a Columbia High School Event must be completed and presented at the time of the ticket purchase. No exceptions will be made. It is your responsibility to ensure that this important requirement be completed before you attempt to purchase a ticket for a guest.
Please be aware that the tickets given to the attendees at time of purchase are not necessary for entrance into the Senior Prom. These tickets are souvenirs. Attendees will receive the ticket for entrance to the Senior Prom at the mandatory Walk-in at Columbia High School.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the Class of 2018 Advisors via email:
- Frank DiDonato at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scott Monuteaux at email@example.com
- Stefani Monuteaux at firstname.lastname@example.org