Columbia baseball won the Class AA Section II championship on Tuesday evening with a 3-1 victory against the Ballston Spa Scotties at Joe Bruno Stadium. Senior Danny Watson threw a complete game with eight strikeouts and Nic Stagnitta, Willie Terrell and Matt LaHera each drove in a run to earn Columbia’s seventh Section II title in program history.
The Blue Devils advance to the New York State Regionals and will play Section III champion Baker High School on Saturday, June 2 at 7 p.m. at Joe Bruno Stadium. Tickets cost $8.00.
Congratulations and good luck in the next round!
- Columbia captures Class AA sectional championship 3-1 over Ballston Spa (News Channel 13)
- Columbia tops Ballston Spa for Class AA title (Spectrum News)
- Terrell delivers for Columbia (Times Union)
- Columbia baseball’s Danny Watson throws a gem for AA title (Troy Record)
- Columbia takes Class AA title (Upstate Courier)
— Mike Gwizdala (@MikeGwizdala) May 30, 2018