Dear Parents and Guardians,
Our Halloween Parade will be held on Wednesday, October 31st. The parade will begin at 2:00 PM. Students will parade around the outside of the school. In the event of inclement weather, the parade will be held indoors.
Parade Route: The students will exit the building adjacent to Schuurman Road and walk around the front of the building, go around the end of the building near Old Post Road and conclude on the athletic field behind the building.
To allow us to host a safe and enjoyable event, please note the following:
- All visitors should assemble outside for the parade, unless other arrangements have been made in advance with your child’s teacher.
- All visitors that will be entering the building, before or after the parade, must sign in and obtain a visitors pass. Several sign in tables will be placed at multiple entrances to speed up the sign in process. To help alleviate some congestion, you may sign in and obtain your pass prior to the start of the parade. If you do not plan on entering the building, it is not necessary to obtain a pass.
- No animals or pets are allowed, with the exception of service animals.
- Adult visitors will not be allowed to wear masks. For safety reasons, students and staff need to be able to identify all adults.
- Students should not wear costumes to school. Place costumes in a bag with the students name clearly marked on it.
- If you wish to take your child home after the parade, please sign them out in the classroom. Once signed out, children must remain with their parent/guardian at all times.
- Class parties and events will be coordinated by classroom teachers. If sending in treats, baked goods, etc., please be sure to inquire with the teacher about any potential student allergies.
- When selecting a costume, please consider the ability of your child to safely navigate the parade route. Students should wear costumes that can primarily be put on unassisted. Toy weapons will not be allowed.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. I look forward to seeing you on Halloween!
Daniel G. Garab