East Greenbush Central School District is a high-achieving public school district in the Capital Region, located five miles from Albany, N.Y. The District serves approximately 4,000 students in seven schools – one high school, one middle school and five neighborhood elementary schools.
East Greenbush is consistently ranked among the region’s top school districts.
- District ranked 8th among 84 Capital Region school districts by the Albany Business Review
- 91% graduation rate
- Columbia High School ranks in top 10% of high schools in the United States (U.S. News and World Report)
- Columbia received state sportsmanship award from NYSPHSAA in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 out of nearly 800 member schools
- 27 of Columbia’s 28 athletic programs have an average GPA of 90 percent or better
- District saved $336,707 last year as part of its energy savings program ($3.1 million since inception in September 2007)
- Alternative programs offered to at-risk students in high school and middle school
- Students may earn college credits through District partnerships with Hudson Valley Community College, SUNY Albany, SUNY Oswego, Schenectady County Community College and Rochester Institute of Technology.
The District has an engaged and supportive community. Residents have passed 22 consecutive school budgets (1995-2016) and approved a number of bus propositions and capital projects to protect taxpayer assets.
Community members have also be involved in the District’s $2.3 million Smart Schools Investment Plan, which will enhance educational technology for students and provide wireless Internet in all seven schools.
To make available to all students, a safe learning environment that affords academic excellence in all its programs; provide dedicated and supportive staff; and work in partnership with family and the community with the intent to set up all students for success with their future endeavors.