East Greenbush Central School District is a high-achieving public school district in the Capital Region, located five miles from Albany, N.Y. The District serves approximately 4,000 students in seven schools – one high school, one middle school and five neighborhood elementary schools.
East Greenbush is consistently ranked among the region’s top school districts.
- District ranked 6th among 84 Capital Region school districts by the Albany Business Review
- Columbia High School has a 96% graduation rate
- Columbia received Silver Medal ranking in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best High Schools list, placing it among the top 13.2% of schools in the country.
- Columbia received state sportsmanship award from NYSPHSAA in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 out of nearly 800 member schools
- District saved more than $408,000 last year as part of its energy savings program ($4.1 million since inception in September 2007)
- Alternative programs offered to at-risk students in high school and middle school
- Students may earn college credits through District partnerships with Hudson Valley Community College, SUNY Albany, SUNY Oswego, Schenectady County Community College and Rochester Institute of Technology.
- East Greenbush CSD was named a 2018 Top Workplace by the Albany Times Union
The District has an engaged and supportive community. Residents have passed 24 consecutive school budgets (1995-2018) and approved a number of bus propositions and capital projects to protect taxpayer assets.
Community members have also be involved in the District’s $2.3 million Smart Schools Investment Plan, which will enhance educational technology for students and provide wireless Internet in all seven schools.
To make available to all students, a safe learning environment that affords academic excellence in all its programs; provide dedicated and supportive staff; and work in partnership with family and the community with the intent to set up all students for success with their future endeavors.