The Common Core Learning Standards are K-12 grade-specific standards in ELA and Math. The standards were developed by state governors and education leaders as a result of growing concern that students were not acquiring the necessary skills to be successful in college and/or a career.
The Common Core Learning Standards focus on developing 21st century learning skills, which emphasize critical thinking, problem solving and digging deeper into subjects.
In February 2016, the Board of Regents announced it would revise the learning standards over the next year. The NYS Education Department is creating two committees (one for ELA and one for math) comprised of teachers, parents, administrators and other stakeholders to help develop the new standards. Click here to learn more.
- Parent Brochure (Questar III Publication)
- Parent Brochure in Spanish (Questar III Publication)
- Shifts for Students and Parents (NYS Education Department)
- NYS Common Core Standards for English Language Arts
- NYS Common Core Standards for Math
- NYS Pre-Kindergarten Foundation for the Common Core