Please call Central Registration at 518-207-2062 for a registration packet. Follow the steps below regarding required documents for registration.
One of the following:
- If you rent an apartment or house, your child’s name must appear on the lease or lease application. If the child’s name is not listed, then in addition to the lease, you must also bring a letter from the landlord stating that the child lives at that address. The letter must include the landlord’s name and phone number.
B. Deed or Mortgage
- If you are not the owner of the house, but live with the owner such as a grandparent of the child, please call 207-2062 for further instructions. You will need to provide additional documentation.
C. Contract to Build/Buy a Home
In addition to the above, two (2) more proofs of residency are required. Any two of the following are acceptable:
a. Bank account and/or credit union statement
c. Automobile and/or homeowners/renters insurance policy
d. Automobile registration (NOTE: A driver’s license is not acceptable)
e. Telephone, cable and/or utility bills
- Child’s birth certificate (original with seal)
- Most recent custody papers
- Adoption papers
- Court ordered assignment
- Social Services assignment or agency assignment
- Proof of district residency (A, B, or C and 2 of items a-e)
- Proof of child’s immunizations
Documents must be current and original – they will be copied and returned to you immediately. Printouts from online accounts will be accepted if they show the name and address of the resident and have a current date.
Supplemental documentation required for school registration:
- IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from previous school district
- Section 504 documentation from previous school district
- Last report card for placement purposes, transcript from previous school
- Foster care student – DSS2999 form
A health physical must be provided in order to attend school. The exam must have been performed within the 12 months prior to the child’s start date in our school district. If a physical has not been performed, you are allowed 30 days from the start of school to obtain one. The Health Certificate/Appraisal form is provided for your doctor’s use. Please remember, however, that the most current immunization records are absolutely required in order to register.
Required Student Immunizations
Under New York State’s immunization law, students may not attend school unless they provide acceptable written proof (including dates) of immunizations that has been prepared by a physician. Section 2164 of the New York State Public Health Law requires that all children receive the following:
- 4 to 5 doses of diptheria, tetanus, and pertussis
- 3 to 4 doses of oral polio
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, and rubella
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chicken pox)
A student who is in process is defined as one who has had the first dose of all required immunization series and has appointments to complete the series in accordance with the ACIP catch up schedule. A student who is in process must be allowed to attend school.
Students may present proof of immunity by serology (blood test) to the following immunizations: measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, varicella, and poliomyelitis.
Medical exemptions to immunizations must be reissued annually. The written exemption must identify the immunization exempted, the medical contraindication for the exemption, and the length of the time immunization is contraindicated. A sample medical exemption form is available at the NYS Department of Health website.
Once you have compiled all of the required documents in STEPS 1-4 please call Central Registration at 207-2062 to schedule a registration appointment.