Seniors and their families looking to apply for Financial Aid can do so on October 1st of their senior year and thereafter. As a department, each year we hold a Financial Aid Workshop where families can receive assistance filling out the FAFSA. Registration is required for the workshop. Information will be sent home via email as the date approaches. Please refer to the Calendar for the date.
Various types of financial aid are available to families including private/public loans, grants, and merit- and need-based scholarships.
- Financial Aid Tips
- Financial Aid Terms
- Example Award Letter
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- This form is used to determine the amount of money a family is expected to contribute to the price of attending a postsecondary institution. The results of the FAFSA are used in determining student grants, work study, and loan amounts.
- CSS Profile – The CSS PROFILE is required by many private colleges and universities to determine your eligibility for non-government financial aid, such as the institution’s own grants, loans and scholarships.
- Raise.me – Partners with colleges and universities to offer students scholarships starting in the 9th grade.
- Financial Aid Night at Columbia – Every February we host a FAFSA workshop here at CHS. Local area financial aid counselors come and are able to assist students and parents on the filing of the FAFSA. Please see the Calendar for exact date. Sign up is required by calling the Guidance Office.