In order to provide a safe environment and support the East Greenbush CSD Columbia HS Learning Community in our role, commits to the
SAFE HOMES PLEDGE
Safe Homes Pledge
- I will not serve, nor will I allow anyone under the legal drinking age to consume alcohol in my home or on my property.
- I will not allow the use of illegal drugs in my home or on my property.
- I will not knowingly allow parties in my home without proper adult supervision.
The Safe School Helpline
It's free and confidential
24 hours/ 7 days a week
1-800-4-1-VOICE ext. 359
1-800-418-6423 ext. 359
Report by the Internet:
To join the Safe Homes committee call Columbia High School at 207-2000 for meeting time and place.
Safe Homes Application
Click here to view the safe homes brochure.
WHEN YOUR CHILD IS INVITED TO AN ACTIVITY:
Call the person in charge to…
- Verify the occasion and location.
- Check on adult supervision.
- Confirm they are part of the Safe Homes Program.
- Offer to help chaperone.
AS A HOST PARENT:
- Be a visible host/hostess. Invite other parents to help chaperone.
- Review expectations for the party with your child and other family members.
- Encourage “by invitation only” gatherings. Refuse entrance to party crashers.
- Call the parents of anyone possessing alcohol or drugs or appearing to be under the influence of either.
- Call the appropriate law enforcement agency, if necessary.
- Do not allow anyone under the influence to go home alone or drive.
YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR HOME!
Did You Know...?
Underage drinking is a crime. Parent are liable. Parents need not be home to be sued for what happens there! Please make sure your teenagers are appropriately supervised.
Tragedies and liability may be avoided if you alert the police whenever you have knowledge of a party with underage drinking. This can be done anonymously! (www.egpolice.com)
If you are leaving town and would like your residency checked please notify the E.G.P.D.