COVID-19 Updates and Information

Grades 3-5 will return for full time in-person learning starting Monday, April 26, which will fully reopen all elementary schools. The K-12 Full Remote program will still be available to families who choose that option. Due to state regulations, Columbia and Goff will remain in the Hybrid Model at this time. The East Greenbush CSD will continue to evaluate options for Columbia and Goff students to receive increased in-person learning at 6 feet social distancing where possible.

Daily COVID-19 Screening Form | COVID-19 Updates | Find a COVID Testing Site | COVID Forms | Reopening Plans

Select Page

Residents living within the East Greenbush Central School District are encouraged to review their electric, gas and phone bills for any school utility sales taxes applied in error. EGCSD does not impose a tax on utilities and our residents are not required to pay any school utility sales taxes. However, the Enlarged City School District of Troy and the Rensselaer City School District impose a utility tax on residents living within their districts. It is possible that EGCSD residents living near Troy and Rensselaer may have this tax applied to their utility bills in error.

EGCSD residents, especially those living within the 12144 postal code (Rensselaer) or 12180 postal code (Troy), should review their electric, gas, landline phone and cell phone bills for any erroneously applied school utility sales tax, which may appear on the bill as a surcharge.

Any EGCSD resident being assessed a school utility sales tax should contact the city school district responsible for levying the tax and notify them of the error. For your convenience, contact information for those schools is provided below.

Rensselaer City School District
Business Office
(518) 465-6871

Troy City School District
Business Office
(518) 328-5005

Residents should also notify their utility or phone service provider of the billing error.

In order to receive a refund of any taxes that were inappropriately billed, contact the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance and request Refund Form AU-11 or call 1-800-CALLTAX or write: NYS Dept. of Taxation and Finance, Taxpayers Service, UA Harriman Office Campus, Albany NY 12227.