As the weather turns colder, it is important to review the East Greenbush Central School District’s procedures for closings and delays. The District’s primary goal is to keep students, staff and visitors safe.
In the event of severe weather, the District may delay the opening of school or close schools altogether using a variety of resources, including:
- Road condition reports
- Weather predictions for the morning and afternoon hours
- The time snow starts and the amount of snow
- Building conditions (power and heat)
- Condition of school buses
- Weather warnings from National Weather Service
- Consultation with local towns and police agencies
The District communicates delays and closings through a variety of channels.
- District website
- District Facebook and Twitter pages
- Albany Times Union
- Local TV stations (CBS6, News10, WNYT Channel 13, TWC News)
- Area radio stations
Early dismissals and emergencies during the school day will also be communicated through School Messenger email and phone messages.
For more information, read our School Delay and Closing FAQ.