Seven local business professionals from different fields visited Columbia High School on Friday to discuss careers with students. They shared advice about education and career development, and answered questions from students.
The annual program, titled Career Connections Day, is sponsored by the Career and Technical Education Department and the Guidance Office.
“Through collaboration with our local community partners, we provide our students with inclusive learning opportunities beyond the classroom,” said Business Instructor Donna Shepardson. “You never know when a person you meet may spark an interest in a career.”
- Stanley Tartaglia, Esq., Attorney, Carter Conboy Attorneys at Law
- Michelle Kavanaugh, Business Owner, Organize Senior Moves
- Jen Karius, Hair Dresser and Yoga Instructor, Classic Trends Hair Design
- Kasandra Carda, Real Estate Agent and Property Manager, Carda LLC
- Yvonne Perry, Professional Actress, Director and Educator
- Steven Taylor ’88, Chief Executive Officer, Sjögren’s Syndrome Foundation
- Maria Smith, Cosmotologist/Estetician, The Ivy Spa