District staff was notified yesterday that several members of the Class of 2018 wished to wear stoles during the commencement ceremony indicating their commitment to serve in our nation’s armed forces. Columbia High School’s tradition has been to award stoles to students who have achieved significant academic achievements during their high school years. We will continue that tradition, however, after careful consideration and in the interest of ensuring a positive experience for all families, the district has decided to permit students to wear stoles for their intended branch of military service. Joining our country’s armed forces is a selfless, courageous and patriotic path to choose, and one that deserves to be celebrated. We look forward to celebrating the Class of 2018 today!
- One New COVID Case Reported to East Greenbush CSD, No Others Quarantined – January 17
- Four New COVID Cases Reported to East Greenbush CSD, No Others Quarantined – January 15
- Video: Green Meadow Virtual Character Education Assembly (January 2021)
- Columbia High School Maintains 97% Graduation Rate
- Two New COVID Cases Reported to East Greenbush CSD, No Others Quarantined – January 14