Our first month of school went very quickly and smoothly. The students have acclimated well to their daily routines and have been active participants in our Character Education program. The theme for September was ‘RESPECT’. We communicated the components of this pillar of character at our school-wide ‘final-touch’ assembly.
Thanks to all that attended Open House. It is important to have involved parents that are familiar with our academic programs and building procedures.
The Bell Top students participated in several presentations by environmentalist George Steele. The science lessons focused on ecology, including instruction on birds, mammals and aquatic organisms.
We will continue to practice safety drills required by NYSED. So far we have practiced three fire drills and one Lockdown drill. There will be two more fire drills this month as well as one Lockout drill.
Our annual Halloween parade will be held on Wednesday, October 31st at 1:30 p.m. Please look for Halloween parade information on the website.
Please visit our school website at www.egcsd.org/bell-top-elementary for important information.
Our new therapy puppy ‘Auggie’ has adjusted well to our school. Many students have enjoyed spending time with him and have shown ‘Respect’ by following the rules for interacting with Auggie.
October Important Dates
- 10/9 – Fire Safety presentation Day
- 10/12 – Apple cider making day – grades 1 & 3
- 10/16 – Bell Top Picture Day
- 10/17 – BOE Meeting @ Goff Middle School, 7:00 p.m.
- 10/18 – Bell Top Pumpkin Race, 1:00 p.m.
- 10/18 – PTO Chicken barbeque, 3:00 p.m.
- 10/19 – K-12 Half-day of school for Professional Development
- 10/25 – PTO Trunk-or-Treat
- 10/31 – Halloween parade, 1:30 p.m.