This year sure is flying by. We just had our Halloween parade which was a huge success. The weather cooperated and allowed the students and staff to enjoy an outdoor parade. Thanks to all who attended.
Veterans Day will soon be upon us and our students and staff will be participating in an assembly on November 9th. The students will get an opportunity to meet several Veterans and observe a flag etiquette presentation.
The school theme for October was ‘FAIRNESS’. We communicated the components of this pillar of character at our school-wide ‘final-touch’ assembly. The theme for November is ‘CARING’.
We continue to practice safety drills required by NYSED. So far we have practiced four fire drills, one Lockdown drill and one Lockout drill. There will be one more fire drill this month before we resume additional drills in the spring.
On November 9th, we will be practicing our required yearly ‘Emergency Go-Home’ drill. Dismissal will begin 15 minutes earlier than usual. On that day, students will be dismissed to the location you have indicated on the student verification form in the event of an emergency closing. All student pickups on this day need to be done by 2:45.
November Important Dates
- 11/4 – Daylight savings time begins – (Set clocks back one hour)
- 11/7 – End of marking period for K-5
- 11/9 – Emergency Go-home drill – (begins at 3:05 pm)
- 11/9 – Veterans Day assembly – 9:40 am
- 11/12 – Veterans Day observed – (No School)
- 11/14 – BOE meeting – 7pm – Bell Top Elementary
- 11/14 – Report Cards go home
- 11/15 – Half-day – K-5 parent conferences
- 11/21 – 11/23 – Thanksgiving Recess
- 11/25 – Santa’s Magical Express (PTO event)
- 11/28 – Half-day – K-5 parent conferences
- 11/28 – BOE meeting – 7pm – Red Mill Elementary
- 11/29 – Grade 4 Concert at Columbia High School – (auditorium)