East Greenbush Central School District has scheduled three informational meetings to discuss boundary changes for Bell Top, Genet and Red Mill Elementary Schools to alleviate capacity issues at Bell Top due to current and projected enrollment growth in that zone.
The proposed changes will enable the district to maintain its class size goals, alleviate space concerns at Bell Top, maintain efficiencies of staffing levels and transportation services and provide continuity of instruction to all students.
- It is important to note, the proposed changes do not affect students who currently attend these schools or incoming students who will have siblings in these schools during the 2019-20 school year.
- These changes will affect incoming Kindergartners and any newly registered Grade 1-5 students for the 2019-20 school year whose primary residence is within one of the affected areas of the district and who will not have siblings within these schools in 2019-20.
- Any new student who is registered for the remainder of the 2018-19 school year who resides in the affected zones will be assigned to the new school.
- Bell Top’s Kindergarten enrollment for 2019-20 will be capped at no more than 2 sections of 25 students.
- Additional kindergarten students over the cap at Bell Top will be registered at Genet or Red Mill based on the new enrollment zones.
The proposed changes will be submitted to the Board of Education for a vote on Wednesday, January 23 at 7:00 p.m. [Editor’s Note: This proposal will not be voted on by the Board of Education until after Kindergarten Registration takes place in February. Mr. Simons made this announcement at the January 9, 2019 Board of Education meeting.]
Parents of both incoming kindergarten students and current students are invited to attend any of the scheduled informational meetings to learn about the proposed changes. Superintendent Jeff Simons, building principals and registration staff will provide details about the proposed plan and answer any questions.
|Monday, January 7||7:00 p.m.||Bell Top Gymnasium|
|Tuesday, January 8||7:00 p.m.||Red Mill Library|
|Monday, January 14||6:30 p.m.||Genet Conference Room|
Registration packets for the 2019-20 school year are scheduled to be mailed out on Monday, January 28. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s office at 518-207-2062.
Proposed Attendance Zone Changes
Red Mill Elementary School (new students on these streets would be enrolled at Red Mill)
- Governors Square & 3rd Avenue Cluster
- Woodlawn Avenue, Plaza Avenue, Sandra Lane, Justine Court, Rockefeller Boulevard, Capital Place, Patroon Lane, Rosebud Court, 3rd Avenue Extension between Route 4 and Rosebud Court
- Oak Hill Apartments
- Oak Hill Circle, Laura Lane, Van Alstyne Drive, Rock Cut Road
- Partridge Hill Apartments
- Valley View Boulevard
- Van Allen Apartments
- Van Allen Way, Washington Avenue Extension
- Stonegate Apartments
- Stonegate Drive, Valley View Boulevard
- Washington Avenue Cluster
- Hazel Terrace, Farley Drive, Elizabeth Street, George Street, Delaware Avenue, Maryland Avenue, Illinois Avenue, Wisconsin Avenue, Indiana Avenue, Walker Avenue, Ohio Avenue, Missouri Avenue, California Avenue, Florida Avenue, Minnesota Avenue, Iowa Avenue, Michigan Avenue, Washington Avenue Extension
- West Side Route 4 Cluster
- Bloominggrove Drive West, Dixon Road West of Route 4, Ludlow Lane
Citizen Genet Elementary School (new students on these streets would be enrolled at Genet)
- Best Road Cluster
- Best Road Between Route 43 and Morner Road, Mara Drive, Miller Road, Scythe Tree Lane, Red Oak Lane, Westernview Terrace
- East Side Route 4 Cluster
- Agway Drive, Grandview Drive, Thompson Court
- Morner Road Cluster
- Morner Road
- Van Leuven Estates
- Van Leuven Drive East, Van Leuven Drive South, Van Leuven Drive North, Mountain View Terrace, Holland Drive, Van Dyke Drive North, Van Dyke Drive South, Brinker Drive North, Brinker Drive South, Forest Hills Boulevard, Van Tassel Drive, Olga Lane, Van Winkle Drive, Salisbury Road, Route 43 Between Route 4 and Salisbury Road