Happy New Year to all of our Bell Top families! The holiday season was festive with our 4th and 5th grade concerts, and the students and staff celebrated the holiday season with singing and fun activities.
The school district is holding a meeting of the proposed changes to school boundaries on Monday, January 7th at 7:00 p.m. in the Bell Top gymnasium. I highly recommend you attend the meeting if you want to learn more about the plan or if you have any questions. This is the link to FAQ: Proposed Changes to School Boundaries for Bell Top, Genet, and Red Mill Elementary Schools.
Create & Discover is beginning its second year at Bell Top. Last year’s program was a huge success. Students and teachers alike felt that it was a wonderful opportunity for socialization after school through structured activities. We are excited to have the third graders attend along with the fourth and fifth graders this year. The programs will be on Wednesdays from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. for four weeks beginning on January 23rd.
Winter is here and the snow will be falling soon. Students go outside for recess every day weather permitting. Coats, hats, gloves and suitable footwear is essential for outside recess.
January Important Dates
- 1/7 – School Boundaries Meeting @ 7:00 p.m. – Bell Top Gymnasium
- 1/9 – BOE meeting @ 7:00 p.m. – Genet Auditorium
- 1/9 – Free Parent Workshop: Recognizing and Coping with Anxiety – Columbia Auditorium, 7:00 p.m.
- 1/19 & 01/20 – WINTERFEST
- 1/21 – No School (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- 1/23 – Create & Discover begins for grades 3, 4 & 5
- 1/23 – BOE Meeting @ 7:00 p.m. – Administration Center
- 1/31 – District-wide Choral Festival @ 10 a.m.