Congratulations to Richard Young and Stephanie Sentz who won the 2019 Chili Cookoff at WinterFest on Saturday at Howard L. Goff Middle School. Mr. Young won the mild category and Ms. Sentz won the hot category.
The winners were selected based on total votes by people sampling the chili throughout the day. Mr. Young and Ms. Sentz each received a $20.00 gift card to the Recovery Room courtesy of the East Greenbush Central School District Transportation Department.
Thank you to all of our contestants for taking the time to make their homemade chili and sharing it with the East Greenbush school community!
- Richard Young of Rensselaer (Hamburger Chili)
- Daisy Jeanne Mejia of Castleton (Turkey and Italian Sausage Chili)
- Andy and Teresa Smith of Castleton (Venison Burger Chili)
- Phyllis Krug of Nassau (Ground Turkey and Hot Turkey Sausage Chili)
- Brian Silliman of Nassau (Three Meat Chili with Beef, Italian Sausage and Venison)
- Stephanie Sentz of Nassau (Beer Chili with Home Grown Ground Beef from S&S Farm Brewery)