Columbia High School’s Senior Prom for the Class of 2019 is scheduled for Friday, May 31 at the Albany Capital Center. Tickets cost $65/person and will be on sale Monday, May 6 through Friday, May 10. The event details are listed below:
5:00 PM – 6:30 PM: Friends, Family and community members are invited to the Senior Prom Walk-In, located in the Columbia High school auditorium. The Walk-In is sponsored by the Class of 2021. The Walk-In is Mandatory for all students attending the Senior Prom.
7:00 PM – 11:00 PM: Those attending the prom will enjoy dinner and dancing at the Capital Center in Albany, located at 55 Eagle Street, Albany, NY.
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Mocktail Hour featuring Hors D’oeuvres
- Market fresh vegetables with Dill Ranch
- Mexican Layer Dip with Tortilla Chips
- Assorted cheese and crackers with pepperoni
- Fresh Melon & Berries with raspberry Yogurt Dip
- Chickpea Hummus with Cumin Pita Chips
- Spicy Chicken, Scallion and Cilantro Fiesta Dip with Flash-Fried tortilla chips
- Veggie Potstickers with Asian Dipping Sauce
Sit Down Dinner
- House Garden Salad with mixed Greens, tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, garlic croutons, ranch and balsamic vinaigrette
- Attendees will choose between:
- Char Grilled Sirloin with merlot Demi, smashed yukon potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- Chicken Parmesan with breaded chicken breasts topped with melted cheese and marinara sauce served with a side of pasta
- Lentil Tournados (vegetarian) made with Roasted Vegetables and Golden Lentils, smokey sweet bbq sauce and roasted Apple Mash
- Fondue station with Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate and White Chocolate fondue
- Accompanied by fresh pineapple, strawberries, cantaloupe and assorted berries, pound cake cubes, cream puffs, graham crackers, rice crispy treats, mini pretzels, homemade marshmallows, coconut macaroons, mini chocolate chip cookies and brownie bites
- Assorted sodas, shirley temples, mini bottled waters and juices
- Tickets are $65 per person and will be available Monday, May 6 – Friday, May 10 ONLY! Cash (please have exact amount) or checks made payable to the Class of 2019.
- Tickets will be available during lunch periods 3-8 or 2nd period in North Forum.
- Students will not be allowed to sign up for a table for the prom until the prom ticket is purchased. Tables will accommodate ten (10) guests. Tables that are not full may be consolidated!
- Attendees will make dinner selection at the time of ticket purchase. Please make sure that the person purchasing the tickets knows the dinner selection of his/her guest, as the ticket will not be sold without a dinner selection.
- If a student from another school will be attending the senior prom as a guest of a Columbia High senior, the Permission Form to attend a Columbia High school event must be completed and presented at the time of ticket purchase. NO exceptions will be made. It is your responsibility to ensure that this requirement is completed before you attempt to purchase a ticket for a guest.
If you have any questions, please contact of the the class of 2019 Advisors via email: