Dear Bell Top Parents, Guardians, and Children,
Welcome back! The new school year is just around the corner, and with that brings autumn, which without a doubt is my favorite time of the year. Fall brings about change and a time where we will begin to evolve and grow with a new year of learning. There is beauty in seeing this season arrive, as it makes me reflect on the past and the new year to come. I hope you have taken the summer spending time with loved ones and relaxing.
As many of you know, we are in our second year with our “Puppy with a Purpose” program. Auggie, our therapy dog, attends school each day with Mrs. Gibbs, our School Counselor. He will start the school year off with the children. You can access our specially designed website for Auggie which has photos, resources, information for parents, questions, and Auggie’s Bloggie. You can also access the site from our Bell Top website at egcsd.org/bell-top-elementary. We are again hosting an open forum at Bell Top on Thursday, September 19th & 26th, 2019 at 6:00 pm to answer any questions you may have regarding our “Puppy with a Purpose” program.
Our summer maintenance crew has been diligently working to prepare Bell Top for the return of students and staff. The staff returns to work on Tuesday, September 3rd; however, the first day of school for our students in Kindergarten through grade 5 will be on Thursday, September 5, 2019. This year our Kindergarten students will be starting school with the rest of the grades. Please contact our main office if you have any questions or need any additional information pertaining to the opening of the school year or any time throughout the year, at 518-207-2600, or you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am a strong believer that all children and families feel welcome here at Bell Top School!
My utmost concern for your child, as well as all individuals, is their safety and well-being.
I encourage you to use our district’s website: www.egcsd.org, the district’s Facebook page, and Twitter to stay informed of district news and school information. My monthly newsletter will be posted on the Bell Top website: egcsd.org/bell-top-elementary/principals-corner.
There will be many opportunities for you to be involved in your child’s education. Parent involvement has many benefits for a child’s success. You can volunteer in the classroom, visit for lunch, or join the PTO to support school events and functions. The Bell Top PTO website is: https://belltoppto.com.
I look forward to seeing all of the children in September. We will host Open House events and an open forum for our “Puppy with a Purpose” program for parents on:
- Thurs. Sept. 19th (Puppy with a Purpose – open forum) 6:00-6:30 PM
- Thurs. Sept. 19th (Grades 3, 4, 5, 2-3 class, & 3-5 Language Concepts) 6:30-8:00 PM
- Thurs. Sept. 26th (Puppy with a Purpose – open forum) 6:00-6:30 PM
- Thurs. Sept. 26th (Kindergarten, Grades 1, and 2) 6:30-8:00 PM
“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
AUGGIE – Bell Top’s Therapy Dog
Important Dates to Remember:
- 9/2/19: LABOR DAY – NO SCHOOL
- 9/3/19: Superintendent’s Conference Day (Staff Only)
- 9/4/19: Superintendent’s Conference Day (Staff Only)
- 9/5/19: First Day of School for Students in Grades K-12
- 9/13/19: Bell Top PTO Ice Cream Social (6:00 P.M.)
- 9/19/19 Open Forum – Puppy with a Purpose (6:00-6:30 P.M.)
- 9/19/19: Bell Top Open House for Grades 3, 4, 5, and 3-5 Language Concepts (6:30-8:00 P.M.)
- 9/25/19: Bell Top School Picture Day (Grades K-2)
- 9/26/19: Bell Top School Picture Day (Grades 3-5)
- 9/26/19: Open Forum – Puppy with a Purpose (6:00-6:30 P.M.)
- 9/26/19: Bell Top Open House for Grades K, 1, and 2 (6:30-8:00 PM)
- 10/02/19: Bell Top Picture Re-Take Day (Grades K-2)
- 10/03/19: Bell Top Picture Re-Take Day (Grades 3-5)
- 10/04/19: K-12 Half Day Professional Development for staff – early dismissal
- 10/09/19: NO SCHOOL
- 10/14/19: COLUMBUS DAY – NO SCHOOL
- 10/17/19: Bell Top Annual Pumpkin Race & Chicken BBQ
- 10/24/19: Bell Top – Trunk or Treat
- 10/31/19: Bell Top’s Halloween Parade (1:30 P.M.)
- 11/03/19: Daylight savings time ends
- 11/04/19: End of marking period (Grades K-5)
- 11/05/19: K-12 Full Day Professional Development for staff – NO SCHOOL
- 11/05/19: Election Day
- 11/08/19: Emergency go home drill
- 11/11/19: VETERANS DAY – NO SCHOOL
- 11/20/10: K-5 Half Day parent conferences – early dismissal
- 11/27-29: THANKSGIVING RECESS – NO SCHOOL
- 12/04/19: Bell Top Grade 4 Concert – CHS, 7:00 P.M.
- 12/05/19: K-5 Half Day parent conferences – early dismissal
- 12/11/19: Bell Top BOE Meeting (7:00 P.M.)
- 12/17/19: Bell Top Grade 5 Concert – CHS, 7:00 P.M.