Columbia High School Wrestling Coach Anthony Servidone was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame on Sunday in East Syracuse, N.Y. Mr. Servidone, who also teaches Physical Education at Columbia, has coached for 31 years in the Columbia wrestling program, earning more than 340 career wins.
“I have been very fortunate and extremely grateful to work with outstanding coaches and student athletes at Columbia High School during my wrestling coaching career,” Mr. Servidone said.
Coaching Career Highlights
- 31 years coaching in the Columbia wrestling program
- More than 340 career wins
- 10 Suburban Council Division Team Championships
- Class A Championship and Section 2 Division 1 Team Championship in 2018
- Coached 11 NYSPHSAA All-Academic Teams
- Coached 11 Section 2 Class A finalist teams
- One of only two New York teams to ever win the Virginia Duals Tournament
- Coached 43 Section 2 Class A champions, 103 Section 2 D1 Place finishers, 21 Section 2 Division 1 Champions and 14 NYS place winners
- Voted Section 2 Class A Coach of the Year four times
- Inducted into the Columbia High School Athletic Hall of Fame in 2012
Congratulations to Coach Anthony Servidone being inducted into the National wrestling Hall of Fame pic.twitter.com/GaXaQDFzpr
— Columbia Athletics (@ColumbiaDevils) September 22, 2019