Dear Parents/Guardians, It is hard to believe that October is already upon us. Our first month of school went very quickly and smoothly. The students have acclimated well to their daily routines. It is a great feeling to see the children learning and having fun.
Thanks to all that attended Open House. It is important to have involved parents that are familiar with our academic programs and building procedures.
The Bell Top students participate every morning with our student-led television studio. Our fifth grade students present to all the classrooms in the building and often go on-location to classrooms and communicate with a live presentation.
We will continue to practice safety drills required by the NYSED. So far we have practiced three fire drills. We will soon be practicing our first Lockdown drill. There will be a new process this year for this drill. Over the summer Bell Top received a new security PA system called Informacast. The staff and students will soon be briefed on how this system works in preparation of our first drill.
Our annual Halloween parade will be held on Wednesday, October 31st at 1:30 p.m. Please look for Halloween parade information coming soon on the website.
Please visit our school website at www.egcsd.org/bell-top-elementary for important information.
October Important Dates
- 10/7 – Fire Safety presentation Day
- 10/7 – Family Reading Night
- 10/9 – School Recess – Yom Kippur
- 10/10 – Eric Litwin author visit
- 10/14 – No School – Columbus Day
- 10/16 – BOE Meeting, 7 p.m., Columbia H.S.
- 10/17 – Bell Top Pumpkin Run @ 1:30 p.m.
- 10/17 – PTO Chicken Barbeque @ 3:00 p.m.
- 10/24 – PTO Trunk-or-Treat
- 10/30 – BOE Meeting, 7 p.m., Red Mill Elementary
- 10/31 – Halloween Parade @ 1:30 p.m.