Dear Parent/Guardian, Our Halloween parade was a huge success. The weather cooperated and allowed the students and staff to enjoy an outdoor parade. Thanks to all who attended.
Veterans Day will soon be upon us and our students and staff will be participating in a school-wide assembly on November 8th. The students will have an opportunity to meet several Veterans and show their support.
The next FREE Parent & Community informative session will be Tuesday, November 12, from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Columbia High School auditorium. The topic is ‘Recognizing and Coping with Anxiety’. The presenter is Dr. Jennifer Bashant.
We continue to practice safety drills required by NYSED. So far we have practiced four fire drills and our first Lockdown drill using the new Informacast system. The drill ran smoothly and was a success.
On November 8th, we will be practicing our required yearly ‘Emergency Go-Home’ drill. Dismissal will begin 15 minutes earlier than usual. On that day, students will be dismissed to the location you have indicated on the student verification form in the event of an emergency closing. All student pickups on this day need to be done by 2:45 p.m.
- 11/3 – Daylight savings time begins – (Set clocks back one hour)
- 11/5 – School Start Time Community forum 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Genet Elementary
- 11/7 – End of marking period for K-5
- 11/8 – Emergency Go-home drill – (begins at 3:05 pm)
- 11/8 – Veterans Day assembly – 9:30 am
- 11/11 – Veterans Day – (No School)
- 11/13 – BOE meeting – 7:00 p.m. – Green Meadow Elementary
- 11/19 – Report Cards go home
- 11/20 – Half-day – K-5 parent conferences
- 11/25 – Santa’s Magical Express (PTO event)
- 11/27 – 11/29 – Thanksgiving Recess
- 12/4 – Grade 4 Concert at Columbia High School – (auditorium)
- 12/5 – Half-day – K-5 parent conferences
- 12/11 – BOE meeting – 7:00 p.m. – Bell Top Elementary