Happy New Year to all of our Bell Top families! We enjoyed the holiday season with our festive 4th and 5th grade concerts. The students and staff also celebrated the holiday season with singing and other fun games and activities.
Our school-wide theme of giving & caring was evident as we participated in the Concerns-U Toy drive. This is one way we here at Bell Top support local children in need. The students and staff donated several large bags of new toys during the month of December. The toys were given to the Concerns-U representative during a school-wide assembly on December 12th.
Many children in our local community enjoyed a new toy during the holiday season as a result of this generous giving. I am proud of the support that our families give to others.
The weather has been a bit unpredictable lately, and snow will soon be on the way again. With that we need to be mindful to dress appropriately for the colder weather. Students go outside for recess every day weather permitting. Coats, hats, gloves and suitable footwear is essential.
Now that the holidays are over we will continue with practicing our required safety drills. Safety is always my number one concern and soon we will be conducting another Lockdown drill. I will continue to communicate to parents when we complete Lockdown drills through our School Messenger system. We work collaboratively with the North Greenbush Police Department as well as other emergency responders during these drills. All remaining fire drills will resume again in the spring.
- 1/9 – BOE meeting @ 7:00 p.m. – Administration Center
- 1/14 – Free Parent Workshop: ‘Keep the Tech in Check at Home’ @ 7:00-8:00 p.m., Columbia High School Auditorium
- 1/17 – 01/19 – WINTERFEST
- 1/20 – No School (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- 1/22 – BOE meeting @ 7:00 p.m. – Administration Center
- 1/30 – District-wide Choral Festival @ 10 a.m. – Columbia High School
- 1/30 – Advocacy Committee Forum @ 7:00-8:30 p.m. – Columbia High School