Nearly 20 graduates from the Class of 2019 returned to Columbia High School on Tuesday to share their own college experiences with current students as part of Alumni Day.
The alumni, who attend colleges such as Bentley, Cornell and Notre Dame, discussed the college search process, academic workload, housing and roommates. During the program, the graduates answered questions from school counselors and the students in attendance.
This annual event is sponsored by the Columbia Guidance Department.
“Alumni Day is beneficial to our current students because they get to talk with returning graduates about what college is really like,” said Columbia School Counselor Sophia Reynolds. “Returning graduates share their college experiences; the selection process, their daily schedule, roommates, campus life and how they are handling the demands of their new academic and social lives. Columbia juniors and seniors seem to benefit most from the personal questions they get to ask the returning graduates at the end of the discussion.”
Thank you to our alumni for joining us!
- Emily Cahill, SUNY Oswego
- Michaela Davis-Pedlar, Columbia University
- Molly DeMarco, SUNY Oswego
- Kaelah Douglas, Bentley University
- Mckenna Erwell, St. John Fisher College
- Shannon Farley, Stony Brook University
- Nicholas Frost, Clarkson University
- Laura Haney, Allegheny College
- Rachel Haney, University of Notre Dame
- Dua Imam, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Madison Jakielaszek, Western New England University
- Zachary Marx, University of New Hampshire
- Nicole Piusienski, Temple University
- Nicole Presti, Siena College
- Rebekah Schaummann, Clarkson University
- Sydney Sill, Cornell University
- Jai Wargacki, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Sofie Willis, University at Buffalo