Two teams from Howard L. Goff Middle School placed in the top 10 at the prestigious Harvard Science Olympiad Invitational on Sunday. This competition attracts teams from the East Coast, especially teams that have previously competed at Nationals. Goff’s teams placed 5th and 9th overall.
“Only one other school with two teams at the competition had both their teams place in the top 10 so this was quite an achievement,” said Donnamarie Vlieg, Goff’s head coach.
Goff had 14 top-5 finishes and an additional 12 top-10 placements.
The team’s next competition is the Capital District Regional competition on Saturday at Hudson Valley Community College.
- Road Scholar – Teddy Howard and Mason Smith
- Boomilever – Austin Ernst and Akkhil Morkanda
- Elastic Launch Glider – Akkhil Morkanda and Akshat Arinav
- Fossils – Ria Hegde and Prithul Gautam
- Heredity – Emma Gentile and Harini Conji
- Experimental Design – Tori Patrissy, Emily Koenig and Madison Passineau
- Disease Detective – Harini Conji and Annie Hall
- Meteorology – Akshat Arinav and Teddy Howard
- Dynamic Planet – Morgan Sanford and Allie Holston
- Mission Possible – Austin Ernst
- Mousetrap – Thomas Marchiony and Aadit Akula
- Ornithology – Alaina Marino and Zach Booth
- Picture This – Nick Puglise and Joann Pole
- Road Scholar – Shannon Breimer and Tori Patrissy
Additional Top 10 Placments
- Food Science – Morgan Sanford and Emma Gentile
- Mousetrap Vehicle – Teddy Howard and Ethan Fink
- Meteorology – Tori Patrissy and Emily Koenig
- Heredity – Zach Booth and Mallary Klemme
- Density – Akkhil Morkanda and Ada Wu
- Elastic Launch Glider – Alaina Marino and Colin Kelliher
- Machines – Teddy Howard and Ria Hegde
- Ornithology – Annie Hall and Sophia Xin
- Water Quality – Allie Holston and Harini Conji
- Boomilever – Alaina Marino
- Circuit Lab – Akshat Arinav and Ada Wu
- Food Science – Laney Broglio and Emily Koenig