This school year is going by very quickly and it is hard to believe that it is March already. The Bell Top Book Fair is this week and Family Reading Night is Thursday, March 5th from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Last week we began our third year of ‘Create & Discover’, Bell Top’s after school student enrichment program. We have increased our course offerings and the number of participating students has tripled over the years.
Mr. Simons will be presenting the proposed district budget at the May 4th PTO meeting here at Bell Top. The meeting will be held in the cafeteria and the presentation begins at 7:30 p.m.
Bell Top school has begun their fourth year of supporting the Ronald McDonald House by participating in the Read for Ronald McDonald House fundraising program. We held a school-wide launch assembly on February 12th.
NYS ELA Assessments
Next month the students in grades 3 through 5 will be taking the New York State English Language Arts Assessment. The exams are now being administered over 2 days and will have no time limit as long as the students are working productively.
The days for the NYS ELA Exam administration are Wednesday, March 25th and Thursday, March 26th. Make-up days will range from March 30th through April 1st. You can prepare your child for these exams as you do every day by making sure they are well rested, have eaten a healthy breakfast, and are feeling minimal stress about the test days ahead. They should try their personal best, as they do here every day at Bell Top.
- 3/2 – 3/6 – PTO Book Fair
- 3/3 – End of marking period for K-5
- 3/5 – Bell Top Family Reading Night, 6-7:30 p.m.
- 3/8 – Daylight savings time begins
- 3/11 – Report cards go home
- 3/11 – Spring picture day
- 3/11 – BOE meeting @ 7:00 p.m. – Genet Auditorium
- 3/12 – ½ day – K-5 parent conferences – dismissal 11:30
- 3/17 – St. Patrick’s Day
- 3/19 – First Day of Spring
- 3/20 – No School – K-12 Professional Development Day
- 3/25 & 3/26 – NYS ELA Exams for grades 3-5
- 3/25 – BOE meeting @ 7:00 p.m. – Administration Ctr.
- 4/6 – PTO Meeting @ 6:00 p.m. (Cafeteria)