The East Greenbush Central School District announced it is extending the Food for Families program, which provides free food to families in the school community, through August. This service is open to anyone.
Since the Food for Families program started in March when schools were first closed, the district has distributed approximately 1,450 boxes of food to families in need.
“We could not operate this program without the support of our wonderful community members who have donated food and money to purchase supplies,” said Audra Di Bacco, a school social worker at Columbia and one of the program’s organizers. “We will continue to provide this food throughout August, and will determine the need for continued support through this program or individual school BackPack programs when the new school year starts.”
If you are in need of food, please contact Athletic Director Michael Leonard at LeonarMi@egcsd.org or School Social Worker Audra Di Bacco at DiBaccau@egcsd.org to make arrangements for pickup or delivery. Donations are also being accepted.
Columbia High School (side entrance), 962 Luther Rd., East Greenbush, NY 12061
- Monday, August 3, 8-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 5, 8-10 a.m.
- Monday, August 10, 8-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 12, 8-10 a.m.
- Monday, August 17, 8-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 19, 8-10 a.m.
- Monday, August 24, 8-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 26, 8-10 a.m.
Suggestion List for Donations
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Fruit/Fruit Cups
- Snacks (Crackers, Chips, Goldfish, Fruit Snacks, Rice Krispie Treats)
- Juice Boxes
- Rice (Bags or Boxes)
- Boxed Potatoes
- Pop Tarts
- Granola Bars
- Tuna Fish
- Canned Chicken
- Canned Soup
- Canned Vegetables
- Beans (Bags or Boxes)
- Chef Boyardee/Spaghettio’s