The 2020-21 school year begins for students in grades K-12 on Monday, September 14. We in the East Greenbush Central School District are excited to welcome our students back to school, whether they are a part of our hybrid model or the full remote option.
This school year will look very different, such as smaller classes, mandatory face coverings and a mix of in-person and remote learning, all with the goal of helping to keep everyone healthy and learning.
To start you off on the right foot, we have posted some helpful resources below. See you soon!
All students, staff and visitors on school property, including schools, parking lots, fields and buses, must wear a face covering (cloth mask or surgical mask that covers the mouth and nose). Bandanas and neck gaiters will not be permitted. The only times that masks will not be required is for eating/drinking and during designated mask breaks at the discretion of the teacher and within the parameters established by the school.
Schools/buses will have disposable face masks for any student who does not have a mask.
Only those with medically documented reasons for not wearing face coverings would be exempt from this mandate.
Daily Health Screenings/Temperature Checks
Temperature checks and submitting the Health Screening Form are required of parents daily before students leave for school. Please check your children for the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
School staff will also perform temperature checks of students when they arrive at school. These checks will remain outside as students enter the building through multiple locations. Students cannot be permitted to enter a building without a temperature check and submitting the Daily Health Screening Form.
If a student has a fever (100 degrees or higher), they will be sent to the designated isolation room to be evaluated by a school nurse. Parents will be contacted immediately and asked to come pick up their child.
- District Calendar (hard copies will be given to students to take home once they are available)
- Bus Routes
- Code of Conduct
- Food Service
- Health Services (Nurse’s Office Contact Information)
- Reopening Information
- Reopening Plan
- Full Remote Plan
- Testing Plan
- Contact Tracing Plan
- FAQ: Reopening Plans
- COVID-19 Updates
- Rensselaer County COVID-19 Hotline: 518-270-0450 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- NYS COVID-19 Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- Child Care Options for Families
- CDC Training Videos
- CDC Informational Flyers
- EGCSD Training Videos
- Daily Health Screening Form (this form must be submitted daily for anyone entering school including students, staff, visitors)
- Student Parking Application and Rules/Regulations Form
- School Information
- Columbia High School
- Goff Middle School
- Bell Top Elementary School
- Donald P. Sutherland Elementary School
- Genet Elementary School
- Green Meadow Elementary School
- Red Mill Elementary School
- School News
- School Supply Lists
- Sign-up for the District’s E-Newsletter and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram