In compliance with the New York State Board of Regents and the new Education Law 2-d, the East Greenbush Central School District has created a Data Privacy and Security Plan.
The plan outlines policies related to protecting personally identifiable information of students, such as their names, home addresses and social security numbers. As part of this plan, the Board of Education updated and adopted the following policies which can be found online:
- Policy # 8635: Information and Data Privacy, Security, Breach and Notification
- Policy # 8635-R: Information and Data Privacy, Security, Breach and Notification Regulation
- Policies # 8635-E.1 and # 8635-E.2: Parent’s Bill of Rights for Student Data Privacy and Security with Third Party Contractor Supplement
If you believe that a breach of your student’s data has occurred, our complaint process begins with written communication to: Attn: Data Protection Officer, 29 Englewood Ave., East Greenbush, NY 12061.
In your communication, please include the following:
- The name and address of the student
- which PII element you believe has been breached
- your understanding of how the breach may have occurred
- when you feel the breach occurred
- your contact information
The Data Protection Officer or another designee will contact you to acknowledge receipt of your complaint and to ask for other information that might be useful to an investigation. The district will then commence an investigation and report our findings back to you as promptly as possible. We will take no longer than 60 calendar days from the receipt of the complaint to respond unless response would impede a law enforcement investigation.
The district will also maintain a record of complaints of breaches following normal guidelines for Records Retention and Disposition Schedule ED-1.
To view a list of the district’s third party software, please visit: https://dpit.riconedpss.org/supplemental-information/02d9d2af98c045c602f2. This list will be updated regularly.