The students and staff at Howard L. Goff Middle School are proud to announce that they have received designation as a No Place for Hate School for the 2019-2020 school year. While this information was unofficially announced last spring, the school received and displayed its official banner last week, celebrating a successful initiative to create and sustain a culture of positivity and tolerance in school.
The work of the No Place for Hate Club continues this school year with the annual Goff signing of the Resolution of Respect (below) this week.
Please get in touch with Ms. Carrie Knudsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Alexandra Omecinsky at email@example.com if you are a community member who wishes to become involved.
Resolution of Respect
- I will seek to gain understanding of those who are different from myself.
- I will speak out against prejudice and discrimination.
- I will reach out to support those who are targets of hate.
- I will promote respect for people and help foster a prejudice-free school.
- I believe that one person can make a difference – no person can be an “innocent” bystander when it comes to opposing hate.
- I recognize that respecting individual dignity and promoting intergroup harmony are the responsibilities of all students.