The East Greenbush Central School District was informed this past weekend that one student from Columbia High School and one student from Green Meadow Elementary School have tested positive for COVID-19. The two cases are unrelated and there was no exposure at the schools that would require contact tracing. The district concluded this with the direction of Rensselaer County Health Department.
Columbia High School
- A student from Columbia has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student has been out of school since November 24.
Green Meadow Elementary School
- A full remote student from Green Meadow has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student has been in the Full Remote program since the start of the school year.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to these confirmed cases of COVID-19.
While we understand that you may want additional details, privacy laws restrict us from disclosing or confirming any personally identifiable information.
As the number of cases of COVID-19 increases in our country and New York State, the district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties or unstructured situations which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks at all times when out in public, particularly when you cannot socially distance or when participating in such activities as club sports.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not accessible.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home and contact your primary care provider.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.