The East Greenbush Central School District was notified today that three individuals in the school district have tested positive for COVID-19.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
Columbia High School
- A student from Columbia has tested positive for COVID-19. Two employees and 27 students have been identified as contacts and must enter mandatory quarantine at home through December 24. All families impacted have been contacted by school administrators and given instructions related to mandatory quarantine. The quarantined students do not need to be tested for COVID-19 unless exhibiting symptoms or advised by a healthcare provider. Affected students will be placed on remote learning until they are released from quarantine.
- A student from Columbia has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student has been out of school since December 10.
Green Meadow Elementary School
- An employee from Green Meadow has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to these confirmed cases of COVID-19.
While we understand that you may want additional details, privacy laws restrict us from disclosing or confirming any personally identifiable information.
As the number of cases of COVID-19 increases in our country and New York State, the district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties or unstructured situations which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks at all times when out in public, particularly when you cannot socially distance or when participating in such activities as club sports.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not accessible.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home and contact your primary care provider.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.