The East Greenbush Central School District was notified today that an individual in the school district has tested positive for COVID-19 and two additional cases were confirmed last evening.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
Columbia High School
- A student from Columbia has tested positive for COVID-19. Five students and one employee have been identified as contacts and must enter mandatory quarantine at home through December 28 as a precaution. All families impacted have been contacted by school administrators and given instructions related to mandatory quarantine. The quarantined students do not need to be tested for COVID-19 unless exhibiting symptoms or advised by a healthcare provider.
Green Meadow Elementary School
- A student from Green Meadow has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student was last in school on December 8.
Red Mill Elementary School
- An employee from Red Mill Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The employee was last in school on December 15.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to these confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Parents of the students who have been quarantined have been asked to complete the COVID-19 Screening Form daily and report any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever (greater than 100 degrees), cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
As the number of cases of COVID-19 increases in our country and New York State, the district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties or unstructured situations which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks at all times when out in public, particularly when you cannot socially distance or when participating in such activities as club sports.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not accessible.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home and contact your primary care provider.
We also ask you to carefully consider your potential holiday plans and reduce risk as much as possible.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.