The East Greenbush Central School District was notified today that two students and one employee have tested positive for COVID-19.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
Columbia High School
- An employee from Columbia High School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The employee was last in school on December 21.
- A student from Columbia High School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student was last in school on December 17.
Donald P. Sutherland Elementary School
- A student from Donald P. Sutherland Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student was last in school on December 14.
Parents of the students who have been quarantined have been asked to complete the COVID-19 Screening Form daily and report any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever (greater than 100 degrees), cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
As the number of cases of COVID-19 increases in our country and New York State, the district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties or unstructured situations which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks at all times when out in public, particularly when you cannot socially distance or when participating in such activities as club sports.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not accessible.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home and contact your primary care provider.
We also ask you to carefully consider your potential holiday plans and reduce risk as much as possible.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.