Columbia High School has published its 2021-22 Program of Studies to assist students and families with course selections for next year. To maintain health and safety protocols, course selection for the 2021-2022 school year will be conducted differently than past years.
- If we are in person: Just like last year, teachers will make recommendations for core classes (math, science, English, social studies) for each student. Students will then be asked in PE class the week of January 11th to fill out a grade level specific Google Form, which will be emailed to them. It is through this form that students will select the remaining classes he/she would like to take. Counselors will be on hand during PE class to help students fill out the Google Course Selection Form and answer any questions.
- If a student is remote, he/she should complete the Google Form by the end of the day on January 15th. Counselors will then make contact with any student who did not complete the form.
Once all course selections have been made, they will be emailed home for review. Parents and students can then contact counselors with any questions or changes. In addition, counselors will meet individually with all students to discuss selections. This process will continue through February.
We recommend that students and families view the Program of Studies prior to January 11th to make thoughtful elective selections.
- Week of January 11, 2021 – course selection in PE
- January 19, 2021 and on – counselor meet individually with students
- Week of February 15, 2021 – course selections mailed home
- July 1, 2021 – deadline to make any course changes
- August 1, 2021 – deadline to make any course level changes