The East Greenbush Central School District was notified today that three students and one employee have tested positive for COVID-19.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
- An employee from Central Administration has tested positive for COVID-19. One other employee has been identified as a contact and must enter mandatory quarantine at home through January 15 as a precaution. The individual impacted has been given instructions related to mandatory quarantine and does not need to be tested for COVID-19 unless exhibiting symptoms or advised by a healthcare provider.
Columbia High School
- A student from Columbia High School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student was last in school on December 18.
Green Meadow Elementary School
- A student from Green Meadow Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student was last in school on December 18.
Howard L. Goff Middle School
- A student from Howard L. Goff Middle School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student was last in school on December 18.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to these confirmed cases of COVID-19.
As the number of cases of COVID-19 increases in New York State and the Capital Region, the district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties or unstructured situations which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks at all times when out in public, particularly when you cannot socially distance or when participating in such activities as club sports.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not accessible.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home and contact your primary care provider.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.