The East Greenbush Central School District was notified today that two students have tested positive for COVID-19.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
Columbia High School
- A full remote student from Columbia High School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student is enrolled in the Full Remote program and does not attend school in person.
Genet Elementary School
- A student from Genet Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19. Twelve students and three employees have been identified as contacts and must enter mandatory quarantine at home through January 18 as a precaution. All families impacted have been contacted and given instructions related to mandatory quarantine. The quarantined individuals do not need to be tested for COVID-19 unless exhibiting symptoms or advised by a healthcare provider.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to these confirmed cases of COVID-19.
As the number of cases of COVID-19 increases in New York State and the Capital Region, the district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties or unstructured situations which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks at all times when out in public, particularly when you cannot socially distance or when participating in such activities as club sports.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not accessible.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home and contact your primary care provider.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.