The East Greenbush Central School District was notified today that three students have tested positive for COVID-19.
Columbia High School
- A student from Columbia High School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student was last in school on January 25.
Howard L. Goff Middle School
- A student from Howard L. Goff Middle School has tested positive for COVID-19. The student’s last day in school was January 28. The district has completed its contact tracing and identified 18 students and one employee who must enter mandatory quarantine at home through February 7 as a precaution. All families impacted have been contacted and given instructions related to mandatory quarantine. The quarantined individuals do not need to be tested for COVID-19 unless exhibiting symptoms or advised by a healthcare provider.
- A student from Howard L. Goff Middle School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student was last in school on January 28 and the onset of symptoms began more than 48 hours after they were in school.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to these confirmed cases of COVID-19.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties or unstructured situations which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks at all times when out in public, particularly when you cannot socially distance or when participating in such activities as club sports.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not accessible.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home and contact your primary care provider.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.