Every winter, the East Greenbush Music Department hosts a District-wide Choral Festival for elementary students in the Columbia auditorium. Unfortunately, schools are unable to hold large gatherings so this year’s concert has been transformed into a virtual experience. The Choral Festival video was produced using footage from past district-wide festivals and some from class this school year.
The release of the Choral Festival video also coincides with Music in Our Schools Month. For more than 30 years, March has been officially designated by the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) for the observance of Music In Our Schools Month® (MIOSM®), the time of year when music education becomes the focus of schools across the nation.
The purpose of MIOSM is to raise awareness of the importance of music education for all children – and to remind citizens that school is where all children should have access to music. MIOSM is an opportunity for music teachers to bring their music programs to the attention of the school and the community, and to display the benefits that school music brings to students of all ages.
We hope you enjoy the 2021 Choral Festival!
- “Yellow Submarine” – Red Mill Chorus
- Learning Irish Dancing – Genet 3rd Grade
- “Remember Me” – 8th Grade Chorus
- Learning About the Nutcracker Suite – Bell Top Boy Choir
- “Amani Utupe (Grant Us Peace)” – Genet 5th Grade
- “Noel Nouvelet” – Bell Top Boy Choir
- “Boom Chick A Boom” – Green Meadow 5th Grade
- “You Make Me Feel So Young” – Red Mill Chorus
- Learning to Move to Rhythm – Genet 5th Grade
- “Circle of Life” – Columbia Chamber Singers
- Learning an Echo Song that Teaches Rhythm – Red Mill 3rd Grade
- “Sisi Ni Moja” – Columbia Combined Chorus
Special thanks to our choral directors and teachers Miss Badger, Miss Decker, Mrs. Glennie, Mrs. Nagy, Mr. Perez and Mrs. Scolaro!