Do you need an absentee ballot for the May 18 school budget vote? You can pick up an application in the District Clerk’s office on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 29 Englewood Ave., East Greenbush, NY 12061 or download the application.
Possible reasons for needing an absentee ballot include:
- Illness or physical disability
- Out of town for business or vacation
- Detained in jail
- Unable to vote in person due to the risk of transmission of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
All absentee ballot applications must be received by the District Clerk’s Office at least seven days (7) before the election if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election if the ballot is to be given personally to the voter at the District Offices. Once the application is submitted, an absentee ballot will be issued to the voter.
If you are designated as permanently disabled by the Rensselaer County Board of Elections, you will automatically be sent an absentee ballot.
Completed absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk’s Office by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the vote. A voting ballot cannot be obtained online.
If you would like more information, please contact the District Clerk’s office.
- Absentee Ballot Application (due by May 11, 2021 if received by mail or Monday, May 17, 2021 if received in person at the District Office)
- Military Absentee Ballot Application (due by April 22, 2021)