Columbia High School’s Senior Prom for the Class of 2021 is scheduled for Saturday, June 12, 2021 and will be held outdoors under pavilions at Birch Hill in Castleton-on-Hudson, NY. All members of the Class of 2021 are invited to attend for free. Attendance will be limited to the Columbia Class of 2021.
Signups will begin Monday, May 3 and end Friday, May 7. A link will be emailed for students to sign up for a prom time slot (6:00-7:30 p.m. or 7:30-9:00 p.m.) and a table (set for 10). We will do our best to accommodate table preferences. There will be one outdoor pavilion used during each time slot, with a limit of no more than 200 people for each session, to ensure the event is safe and complies with state regulations.
Prom Walk-In will be optional this year and hosted at the front of Columbia High School. Families will be able to park at the school and walk up socially distanced to a decorated photo backdrop. Walk-in time will be based on the time of their prom session. Those attending the first prom session will have the opportunity to attend walk-ins from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. Those in the second prom session will have the opportunity to attend walk-ins from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. A professional photographer will be there to take pictures.
Through Class of 2021 fundraising and the district’s support, this event will be at no cost to students.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- Each of the two prom sessions will be limited to no more than 200 people (includes students and staff)
- Only students from the Columbia Class of 2021 may attend prom
- Prom will be held outdoors under pavilions at Birch Hill (the first group will be under one pavilion and the second group will be under a different pavilion)
- Mandatory face masks unless seated at your table
- Tables will be physically distanced from each other
- Dancing will be socially distanced and on a rotation by table
- Students who are dancing must wear a face mask
- Birch Hill staff will serve the buffet dinner and must wear face masks and gloves during event
- There will be a touchless photo booth
- Mandatory face masks at the Walk-In at Columbia prior to prom