Dear Bell Top Families,
It was great to see so many students back together this week at Bell Top. I know I am speaking for everyone when I say we are thrilled to see our hallways filled again with students in Kindergarten through fifth grade every day.
Proposed School Budget
On Tuesday, May 18th district residents will vote on the 2021-2022 school budget. This year’s proposed budget has no tax levy increase. For more information regarding the proposed budget please visit our school district website.
Grade 3-5 NYS Math Assessments
Students in grades 3 and 5 are scheduled to take the NYS math assessment on May 3rd. Fourth grade students will take the assessment on May 4th.
Bell Top staff will be administering screenings to next year’s new incoming kindergarten students on May 12, 13, and 14. Student appointment times and additional information has been mailed to home addresses. Please contact the school if you should have any questions.
Ronald McDonald House
This is the fourth consecutive year in which Bell Top has participated in the Read for RMHC. The donations that were raised came to a grand total of $3,034.90! We are all very proud of the fantastic support received by the community to assist those families in need.
May and June Important Dates
- 4/26 – Grades 3-5 return to in-person instruction 5 days a week
- 5/3 & 5/4 – NYS Math Assessment grades 3-5
- 5/4 – Board of Education virtual meeting and Public Hearing @ 7:00 pm
- 5/5 – NYS Math Assessment for participating full remote students in Grades 3-5 at Genet
- 5/12, 5/13, & 5/14 – Kindergarten Screening – by appointment
- 5/18 – District Budget vote
- 5/26 – Board of Education virtual meeting @ 7:00 pm
- 5/28 & 6/1 – No school – emergency closing make-up days
- 5/31 – No School – Memorial Day
- 6/7 – NYS Grade 4 Science Assessment
- 6/9 – NYS Grade 4 Science Assessment for participating grade 4 full remote students at Genet
- 6/9 – Board of Education virtual meeting @ 7:00 pm
- 6/11 – ½ day of school – dismiss @ 11:30 am
- 6/18 – ½ day of school – dismiss @ 11:30 am
- 6/18 – 5th Grade Graduation
- 6/23 – K-5 End of Marking period
- 6/24 – Last day of school – ½ day of school – dismissal @ 11:30 am
Please visit our district website at www.egcsd.org for any updates or news.