The East Greenbush Central School District has been informed that two students have tested positive for COVID-19.
Columbia High School
- A full remote student from Columbia High School has tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure at school related to this case. The student is enrolled in the Full Remote program and does not attend school in person.
Green Meadow Elementary School
- A student from Green Meadow Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19. The student’s last day in school was April 28. The district has completed its contact tracing and identified nine students and one employee who must enter mandatory quarantine at home as a precaution.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to these confirmed cases of COVID-19.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we are developing as a school community:
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks at all times when out in public.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.