The East Greenbush Central School District has updated its school calendar for this spring in response to recent information provided by the NYS Education Department.
Goff and Red Mill will have a Remote Learning Day on Friday, May 28 due to the power outage at those schools on October 9. All other schools will be closed that day.
Goff and Red Mill students will be expected to log into remote learning that day and to engage in remote learning activities. This will function very similar to current remote days. However, teachers will be accessible to provide direct support for asynchronous learning activities during their scheduled office hours. Teachers will also be available to answer questions through email as needed.
All schools will be closed on Tuesday, June 1 due to the snowstorm that caused a New York State of Emergency on February 2. This day was credited to the district due to the emergency declaration.
At Columbia High School, June 16, June 18 and June 21 were previously scheduled as Regents Exam days. Those exams were canceled by the NYS Board of Regents so they will now be regular days of instruction.
School Calendar Updates
- Friday, May 28 – Remote Learning Day for Goff and Red Mill Only, All Other Schools Closed (makeup for power outage on October 9)
- Tuesday, June 1 – All Schools Closed (New York State of Emergency on February 2)
- Wednesday, June 16 – Changed to Live Virtual Wednesday for Columbia High School
- Friday, June 18 – Changed to B Day for Columbia High School
- Monday, June 21 – Changed to A Day for Columbia High School