The East Greenbush Central School District has been informed that a student from Green Meadow Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19. The student’s last day in school was June 3.
The district has completed its contact tracing and identified seven students who must enter mandatory quarantine at home as a precaution. The quarantined individuals do not need to be tested for COVID-19 unless exhibiting symptoms or advised by a healthcare provider.
There will be no impact on the school schedule related to this confirmed case of COVID-19.
The district would like to remind everyone to maintain the strong habits we have developed as a school community:
- Receive the COVID vaccine if you are eligible.
- Avoid large and small group gatherings such as parties which bring people from different households into contact with each other.
- Wear masks when indoors at public places.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and in the event someone is sick, stay at home.
- Remain at home while waiting for COVID-19 test results.
Those with questions are advised to call the county health department directly at 518-270-2655 or contact the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator at Columbia High School at 518-207-2180.
For COVID-19 updates and information, visit egcsd.org/coronavirus.